Criteria For Attendance
The course is open to
- SMS members and employees
- BETA members and employees
- Saddle Fitting trainee or someone interested in entering this field
- Registered Farriers
- Veterinary Surgeons
- Chartered Physiotherapists
- BHS or Pony Club Coaches
- Other equestrian related professionals i.e. body worker or Chiropractor etc.
- Overseas retailer or customer of a SMS trade or manufacturing members.
A confirmation of attendance will be given as there is no qualification attached to this course.
- Tree Design and Saddle Construction
- Identifying Faults in Saddles
- Physiology of the Horse's Back
- Anatomy of the Horse
- Horse Identification and Maintaining Records
- Safe Handling of the Horse
- Understanding and Assessing Movement and Conformation for Fitting
- Principles of Saddle Fitting
- Practical Back Assessment
- Template taking
- Practical Saddle Fitting of a variety of horses and riders