Thinking about a career in the Saddlery Industry?
Our industry offers varied opportunities, whether you are making your first career choice or changing careers to pursue your passion, and whether you want to work for a world-recognised brand or become your own boss.
- Retail Saddlers - these roles include assistance and manager roles in saddlery retail
- Saddlers - Saddlers may work for themselves in a small workshop, or for another business such as a Saddlery, making and repairing saddlery and other leather items
- Trade Saddlers - people who work for manufacturers to hand-make saddles, bridles, girths and other leather items
- Saddle and Bridle Fitters - often self-employed, although sometimes working for a Fitting or retail business, Fitters work with the horse and rider to achieve a comfortable fitting saddle and/or bridle
- Business management, including accounting, design and marketing roles - these roles and duties will vary depending on the size of company
Follow the links below to find out more about each sector: Craft, Trade, and Fitting